Perform bare overhead conductor rating calculations.
Calculate steady-state and transient line ratings for overhead conductors. Current-temperature relationship in bare overhead conductors of any type. Conductors database. Easy to use.
- Steady-state conductor temperature.
- Steady-state thermal rating.
- Transient conductor temperature.
- Transient thermal rating including short-circuit conditions.
- Any bare conductor type (i.e. AAC, AAAC, ACSR, HDCU, SCGZ, SCAC, etc.).
- Aluminium, Copper, Steel, Aluminium clad steel materials.
- Steel core conductors or homogeneous.
- Large conductor database included.
- Custom conductors. Model new or obsolete conductors to any world-wide standard
- In addition:
- Surface emissivity and solar absorption coefficients
- Radial temperature gradient within conductor
- Wide range of environmental conditions can be altered:
- Ambient temperature.
- Wind velocity.
- Wind direction.
- Conductor elevation.
- Solar radiation intensity (see below under other modules)
Other Mobules Included:
Solar radiation level with latitude and time of year
- Calculate maximum expected solar radiation intensity (W/m2) based on location.
Features and Benefits:
- Fully complies with:
- IEEE Std 738 – Calculating the Current-Temperature Relationship of Bare Overhead Conductors
- Accurate iterative calculation methods.
- Steady-state and transient calculations.
- Compare an unlimited number of varying conditions.
- Suitable for any type of conductor.
- Graphical and intuitive display.
- Save results to file and Print comprehensive reports.
- Print reports directly to PDF.
- Calculation checks and warning system.