Standard BS 7671 including Amendment 3
Find cable sizes, voltage drops, protective device ratings, fault loop impedance.
Electrical calculations made fast, easy and accurate. Design electrical installations in compliance with standards. Latest 2016 version is now available.
Specify new cables or check existing installations are compliant.
Save results to file (.cbl) and print reports with references to Standards including:
- Active, Neutral and Earth cable size requirements (auto or user-selected)
- Current-carrying (and spare) capacities and Operating temperatures
- Voltage drops (V and %) and Circuit impedances
- 1 phase, 3 phase and DC calculations
- Radial, Sub-mains, Ring and Motor Circuits
- Short-circuit calculations
- Fault loop impedance calculations
- Circuit breaker and fuse sizes and settings
- Correction Factors calculations – Ca, Cb, Cc, Cd, Cg, Ci, Cs
Features and Benefits:
- Complies with:
- BS 7671:2008+A3 (2015)
- Determine cable sizes and voltage drops according to installation conditions.
- Use the Wizards to calculate appropriate correction factors.
- Comply with earth fault loop impedance requirements.
- Calculate most economical (and compliant) cable sizes based on:
- Current capacity; and/or
- Voltage drop; and
- Short-circuit performance
- Earth fault loop impedance
- User can specify their own cable sizes from 1mm2 to 630mm2 and number of parallel circuits.
- Save results to file and Print reports with references to Standards.
- Print detailed reports directly to PDF.
- Warning system – helps to avoid making errors.
1. What are the benefits of owning the software?
ELEK Cable Pro will save you time and money by helping you choose the most economical cable sizes. Complex electrical calculations which by hand take hours or days to perform can be done accurately in minutes or seconds.
2. How easy is the software to use?
ELEK software is designed to be very easy to use. Some basic user input is required and then the software will automatically design in compliance with the standards.
3. Is the software suitable for solar applications?
Yes, the software includes a d.c. supply setting for calculations and for up to 1000 V d.c.
4. Can the software be used for high voltage?
Only up to 1 kV. For HV cables have a look at our other software ELEK Cable HV Software.
5. Is this software up-to-date with the latest Standards?
Yes with the latest British Standards and their amendments.
6. What if the Standards change?
The standards change occasionally, usually every few years. When the standards do change we will update the software within 6 months, which is the expected time for everyone to comply. The software itself will notify you during its use or you will be contacted via email of a new version being available for download.
7. How is the software delivered?
Via instant download. Link to download, activation code and invoice emailed immediately (24/7) after purchase.
8. How is the software licenced?
Each licence may be installed by a single user onto 2 computers for their own use. A simple online 24/7 activation process is used. The software licence is easily deactivated by the user and moved between PC’s.
9. What if I want to move the licence to another computer or if my computer crashes?
You can easily deactivate the licence activations under the Help menu yourself and move to another PC.
10. Are there any ongoing fees?
After the first year there is an Optional fee of $99 to continue to receive Updates and Support (which includes unlimited licence transfers/deactivations).
11. Do you provide technical support?
Yes, please phone us on 1300 093 795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can speak on the phone with our local technical support staff. We use an advanced email ticketing system ensuring all email enquiries are responded to in under 3 hours.
12. What are the system requirements?
ELEK Cable Pro is the latest Windows PC software suitable for desktop, laptop or tablet. Windows XP or later operating systems including Windows 8 and 10.
13. Can the software be used on a Mac?
Yes, using Windows on your Mac you can use our software and any other Windows software! You can use our software on a Virtual Machine (VM).
Cable Size calculations to
Give our software a test-drive with our no-obligation free trial. No credit card details required.
The following clients are using
ELEK Cable Pro (BS)