Cable High Voltage
Standard IEC 60287 and Neher-McGrath methods
Accurate cable rating calculations of custom cables from LV up to 500 kV.
Wide range of installation conditions: In Air, In Groups, Direct Buried or in Ducts, Buried in Backfill, Multiple Buried Circuits, Unfilled Troughs, Filled Cable Trays.
Wide range of installation methods can be analysed:
- Unenclosed in air – exposed to sun or shaded.
- Enclosed in ducts/conduits.
- Groups of cables.
- Direct buried – optionally consider dry-out of soil.
- Backfilled trenches (areas with different soil thermal resistivity).
- Buried in ducts/conduits.
- Unfilled troughs.
- Filled cable trays.
Features and Benefits:
- Complies with:
- IEC 60287 – Calculation of current ratings
- IEC 949 – Calculation of thermally permissible short circuit currents, taking into account non-adiabatic heating affects
- Neher-McGrath methodologies
- Verified with software and manufacturer calculated and published results. Project and field tested accuracy for added confidence.
- Variable supply frequency (i.e. 50 Hz and 60 Hz).
- Calculate ratings of custom cables.
- LV up to HV 500 kV (5 kV DC) cables.
- User can specify their own cable sizes from 0.5mm2 to 2500mm2.
- Save results to file and Print comprehensive reports.
- Print reports directly to PDF.
- Suitable for low voltage up to high voltage cables (500 kV AC or 5 kV DC).
- Database of LV, MV and HV modern extruded power cables from various manufacturers incorporated with software.
- Enter custom cables from manufacturer datasheets.
- AC or DC cables.
- Single phase or three phase extruded cables.
- Multi-core or single core cables.
- Solid, single-point or cross-bonded sheathed and armoured cables.
- Short-circuit module for rating of power cables for short-circuit currents.
- Based on IEC 949 – Calculation of thermally permissible short circuit currents, taking into account non-adiabatic heating affects.
Solar Radiation Intensity:
- Calculate maximum expected solar radiation intensity (W/m2) based on location.
Soil Temperature Variation with Time and Depth:
- Calculate expected soil ambient temperature for time of year and depth of burial.
- Duct and conduit selection based on dimensions from Standards.
1. Is the software suitable for Low Voltage and High Voltage cables?
Yes, from low voltage (LV) up to 500 kV a.c. or up to 5 kV for d.c.
2. How easy is the software to use?
Our software is designed to be very easy to use. Once the cable model is created using the cable editor or loaded from the cables database you can quickly and easily determine current ratings for various site specific installation conditions.
3. Can we model custom cables?
Yes, easily from manufacturer datasheets. A database of 300 pre-modelled cables is also included.
4. Which modules does the full version include?
All modules. In Air, In Groups, Buried Direct, Buried in Backfill, In Ducts, In Trough, Randomly-filled Cable Tray, Short-circuit module etc.
5. Is this software up-to-date with the latest Standards?
Yes with the latest IEC standards and their amendments as well as other relevant technical publications.
6. How is the software delivered?
Via instant download and software key emailed.
8. How is the software licenced?
Each licence is for a single concurrent user for 2 PCs. The licence can be easily transferred yourself.
9. Are there any ongoing fees?
12 months of Updates and Support is included. Thereafter an Optional fee shall be payable to continue to receive Updates and Support.
10. Do you provide updates?
Yes, we are continually updating the software.
11. Do you provide technical support?
Yes, please phone us on 1300 093 795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can speak on the phone with our local technical support staff. We use an advanced email ticketing system ensuring all email enquiries are responded to in under 3 hours.
12. What are the system requirements?
Cable HV is the latest Windows PC software suitable for desktop, laptop or tablet. Windows XP or later operating systems including Windows 8 and 10.
13. Can the software be used on a Mac?
Yes, using Bootcamp and Windows on your Mac you can use our software and any other Windows software!